This year will be the 4th instalment of the Montréal All-Nighter, part of the Montréal Highlights Festival. The only problem i have with this, is that there are waaaaaaay too many things to do. And all in just one night. I went to 2004's event, and ended up watching french barbie porn at the NFB's cinémarobothèque. Thank god for government subsidised films!
I'm trying to convince Jeannette and Liz to come and visit that weekend. And i've gone through most of the programme to make an itinerary. There doesn't need to be a sequence to this, but it would be nice to start from the Old Port and work our way back home:
1. Quai Jacques-Cartier (Free)
8:00 - Fireworks
2. Notre-Dame-de-bon-secours Chapel (Free) 400 Saint Paul East
8:00, 9:00, 10:00, 11:00 - Gospel Music in Montreal's oldest stone chapel
3. Hôtel W (Free) 901 Square Victoria
7:00pm - 3:00am - Cléa Haugo explores the manufactured image of modern woman.
4. Darling Foundry (Free) 745 Ottawa
8:00pm - 3:00am - Art Matters exhibitions and performances surrounding the theme of 'humanism'
5. Montréal History Centre (Free) 335 Place d'Youville
8:00pm - 5:00am - African Rhythms. Percussion and dance performances.
6. Pointe-à-Callière Archaeology and History Museum (Free) 350 Place Royale
7:00pm - 3:00am - Two exhibits will be open all night long: 'St. Lawrence Iroquoians, People of the corn' and ' Where Montréal was born.' Plus there's some sort of Native-inspired musical celebration.
7. Canadian Centre for Architecture (Free) 1920 Baile
8:00pm - 3:00am - The exhibition 'Environment: approaches for tomorrow' is open all night, as well as tasting and experiments involving the environment. And there's a DJ and movies showing.
8. Camellia Masala (Free) 351 Emery
10:00pm - 7:00am - This place will be serving traditional Indian Chai until 7AM!
9. Belgo Building (Free) 372 Ste. Catherine West
8:00pm - 5:00am - Tonnes of stuff is going down in this building. It's full of art studios.
10. Hydro-Quebec (Free) 75 René-Lévesque West
6:00pm- 5:00pm - Check out Jean-Paul Mousseau's giant illuminated mural.
11. Contemporary Art Museum (Free) 185 Ste Catherine West
6:00pm - 5:00am - Tonnes of stuff... Their main exhibit will be open as well.
12. Métro Place-des-Arts (Free) 175 Ste Catherine West.
1:00am - 5:00am - Breakdance and hip-hop competition with DJs.
13. Piano Nobile @ Place des Arts (Free) 175 Ste Catherine West
from 11:30pm - 5:00am - Salle Wilfrid Pelletier is turned into a cabaret with various Quebec artists performing.
14. Hall des Pas Perdus @ Place des Arts (Free) 175 Ste Catherine West
11:00pm - 5:00am - Karine Giboulo's installation/Social Commentary
15. Centre de Design de l'UQAM (Free) 1440 Sanguinet
6:00pm - 5:00am - An exhibition of brushes. Some 2 000 brushes are going to be displayed, and you can take one home with you. Whatever, it's art!
16. ITHQ - Institut de Tourisme et d'hôtellerie du Québec (Free) 3535 Saint-Denis
6:00pm- 6:00am - the 10-storey building will put on a light show. It seems to be put on by 'LSD Design'.... Hmm, must be good then.
17. Graff Gallery (Free) 963 Rachel East
8:00pm - 2:00am - There is a 'greenhouse' exhibit, and a silk-screening demonstration.
6 months ago