One of the main things I do here is cook (and eat). I will be posting some recipes that I've found, formulated or adapted.
This dish is for tofu with lemongrass and chilli. I learnt this one in Hoi An,
- 200g of tofu
- 2 tsp of oyster sauce (or veggie oyster sauce or kecap manis or you can leave out)
- 3 tsp of stock powder (optional)
- 2 tsp sugar
- 4 tsp sesame oil
- 1 or 2 small red chilli (depending on level of spiciness)
- 2 stems of lemongrass, chopped (or you can use dry slices, maybe a couple of tablespoons?)
- 8 large cloves of garlic
- 1-2 tbs oil
- 2 tbs water
- Cut tofu into cubes, and fry in a lot of oil until the cubes are sufficiently browned. Drain and set aside
- Put garlic, lemongrass and chilli in a mortar and pestle and grind to a paste. You can also use a hand blender.
- Fry the lemongrass and garlic mixture lightly in oil on medium high heat, to let out the fragrance. Maybe a couple of minutes.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients: sugar, sesame oil, stock powder, oyster sauce and water
- When the mixture starts to bubble, lower the heat and throw in the fried tofu.
- When thoroughly heated through, it's ready to serve.